Seeking an Electrical Engineer PE with 7 plus years engineering or product design and development
Purpose of the position
Plans, designs, develops, modifies and evaluates power generation and distribution, electrical controls, components, mechanisms, materials, circuitry, equipment or processes. Understanding of alarm philosophy documentation. Ability to generate and present various reports. Develop, implement, and maintain alarm rationalization plans. Strong fundamental knowledge of electrical system design and its application in designs including specification of vision, power, sensor, inspections, and communication systems
Principal Responsibilities of the Position
· Design, upgrade, troubleshoot, electronic and electrical control systems, software, equipment, etc. in accordance with government policies, procedures, industry regulations, capable of designing and troubleshooting complex electrical functions while working independently.
· Ability to diagnose facilities equipment involving checking voltages, bad components, gauges, generators, as well as making software adjustments
· Working from electrical schematics, diagnose, and isolate electrical and electronics issues in a timely manner
·Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs), HMI Programming, digital and analog sensors; Knowledge of VFDs, Generator Controls and their interfaces
·Experience with low/medium/high voltage equipment
·High voltage equipment and components (switch gear, load centers, contactors, motors, breakers, fuses)
·Low voltage components and requirements (controls, sensors, shielded wiring)
·Must have working knowledge of motors control centers ("MCC") and distribution controls systems.
·Ability to multi-task in a fast pace dynamic environment.
· Provide support to engineering design and maintenance departments on projects involving modifications to control systems on Facilities Support Services Contract. This includes review of designs for open architecture and standardization of controls.
· Conducts validation, verification, and qualification testing. Conducts error testing of systems and circuit designs.
· Provides product support as appropriate by isolating faults and resolving design issues.
· Ensures electrical designs comply with product specifications. Verifies designs are implemented with accurate consideration for power management, systems interfaces, etc.
· Ensures designs incorporate approval agencies and electrical safety standards. Participates in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance.
· Reviews vendor capability to support product development and recommends product specifications and component selection. Monitors the activities of subcontracted technical services.
Education and Experience Requirements
· B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering with a strong controls & instrumentation background.
· Five or more years of engineering experience or product design and development. Experience working with engineering processes and procedures.
· Experience working with drawings standards including tolerances and detail drawings.