Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, and analysis for electric power generation and power delivery projects worldwide. With a highly experienced staff solely dedicated to the energy business, we have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest tasks as well as the largest projects.
- This position offers you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the detailed electrical design and project management ofhigh voltage substation projects.
- As a Substation Electrical Engineer, you will take an active role in project conceptualization, work planning, and project execution.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues.
- As an Electrical Engineer, you will prepare reports that present technical and projectinformation in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of S&L’s systems of process and associated “Communities of Practice.”
- In addition, you may have the opportunity to travel to client sites as needed.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- A BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program or equivalent experience.
- 10 or more years experience in the design of Medium Voltage Power Systems.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
- Experience tracking project information such as: schedules and expenditures against budgets, preparing status reports and client interface.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- 4 or more years experience in the design of substations 138kV and above.
- Ability to prepare substation grounding calculations, direct stroke shielding calculations, battery & charger sizing calculations, etc.
- Physical layout and protection & controls experience.
- Ability to work with Designer to develop substation single line diagrams, relaying & metering diagrams, DC schematic diagrams, substation plan & sections, grounding plans, etc.
- Familiarity with ANSI/IEEE/NEMA standards as they relate to substation design. This includes the National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI - C2).
- PE license.
- AutoCAD experience.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.