Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
As a member of the Hardware Design Verification (HDV) team, responsibilities will include development of RF test and measurement applications and systems in support of new product development.
• Design, develop, and debug software applications for control/automation of test and measurement equipment using NI LabVIEW and TestStand; Visual Studio, C#.NET, Python. Design and implementation of resuable platforms.
• Design, develop, and debug hardware components including cables, fixtures, interface assemblies, test stations.
• Manage a test equipment inventory in order to meet schedule demands and technical feasibilty
• Analyze test system requirements and product design to determine feasibility within time and cost constraints
• Consult with electrical engineers and otherengineering staff to evaluate measurement techniques and corresponding measurement data as they relate to operational performance requirements of new products
• Provide leasership, coaching, and mentoring to other engineers on the HDV team
• BS ElectricalEngineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science with a minimum 10 years of relevant experience (8years with MS)
• NI LabVIEW & TestStand experience
• Proficiency with Object-Oriented Programming and Design (OOP/OOD)
• RF and baseband test and measurement experience. Familiarity with test equipment such as: Spectrum/Network analyzers, Power Meters, DMMs, Oscilliscopes, Audio analyzers
• Experience leading small development teams and mentoring engineers
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Ability to quickly analyze and debug software and related hardware issues
• Familiarity with software management tools (e.g. SVN/GIT, JIRA)
• C++ or JAVA programming knowledge. Familiarity with Linux-based operating systems.
• Familiarity with SQL, XML, HTML/CSS/JS
• Experience with RS-232, Ethernet, USB, TCP/IP
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Networking and Radio communication system experiencedesired