Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $8 billion of annual revenue and about 23,000 employees — including 9,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications® products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com.
The Fort Wayne facility designs, builds, integrates, and tests weather and climate space instruments. These instruments contain complex analog, power, digital, and FPGA electronics. Responsibilities will include analog and power design, system architecture, root-cause failure investigating, and leading small technical teams. This position will also assist the Project Manager in creating specifications, giving technical customer presentations, and insuring schedule and budget objectives are met.
- 6 years of experience with a Bachelordegree in ElectricalEngineering, ElectricalEngineeringTechnology, or Computer Engineering; or equivalent
Preferred Technical Skills:
- 4 years Analog/Power Design Experience
- 2 years Circuit Analysis Experience
- Hands On Root-Cause TroubleshootingExperience
- Technical Specification Generation Experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Space Electronic Design Experience
- Knowledge of analog and power design process and circuit analysis tools
- Knowledge of power supply design techniques
- Proficiency at writing requirements for electronics
- Ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders (customers, contract management, technical personnel, business personnel)
- Ability to evaluate a problem from multiple vantage points and suggest win-win solutions
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment