You will be part of the electronics design team responsible for the design, development, and implementation of electronic products for the markets we target. You will work on projects at all phases from concept to production. Work will be fast paced and rewarding!
Primary responsibilities for this position involve:
- All facets of the design and development process.
- Design, implementation, documentation, electrical debugging and manufacturing support for company products and the development of electronic tools used to develop products.
- Applies current professional, regulatory and company practices and procedures to develop new products and maintain existing products observing industry and proprietary standards.
- Participates in electrical design reviews.
- Supports customer service as necessary.
- Verifies completeness and accuracy of product documentation
- Participates in ongoing development, communication, and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
Full Time / Part Time
Are You A Good Fit For This Job?
You could be right for this job if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE).
- 5+ years of Automotive electronics design engineering experience required
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally required as needed.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Innovative: Generates and champions new ideas and initiatives; goes beyond the status quo; evaluates new or modified approaches and ideas with an open mind; brings perspectives and approaches together, combining them in creative ways. Looks for ways to protect GHSP novel ideas through patent process and insures that GHSP product designs respect the intellectual property rights of others.
- Electronics Hardware: Experienced with microcontroller based designs, and both digital and analog interface circuitry. Understanding of electrical engineering practices, principles, processes and systems. Experienced on the Automotive applications (required). Experience with EMC test plans, test setups and troubleshooting.
- Fact Based Problem Solving: Understands and practices the process of fact based problem solving and the tools (4M's, Y Tree, Is/Is Not, 5 Whys) associated with that process.
- Circuit modeling & analysis: Pspice, Worst Case Analysis, DFMEA, thermal management, schematic capture tools (ORCAD preferred).
- Software Engineering Skills: Intuitive understanding of software engineering sciences.