We are looking for an Electrical Engineer in our NYC, NY office. Come join our team!!!!!
- Design of electrical systems including: low voltage power distribution, stand-by generation, interior/exterior lighting for buildings, local area IT networks, access control, security and fire alarm systems
- Construction assistance including; electrical shop drawing review, contractor relations, and site surveys
- Deliver projects on time and within client budgets
- Deliver projects in compliance with client and company quality control procedures and engineering guidelines
- Experience with Major NY Metro Area public clients is preferred
- Participate on project teams in an active production role
- Preparation of project specifications
- Preparation of electricalconstruction cost estimates
- Daily interaction and collaboration on cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines
- Coordination and verification of as-built drawings
- Perform quality work that promotes client retention
- Responsible for the development of reports and design documents, including electrical floor plans, equipment schematic diagrams, equipment block diagrams, electrical load calculations.
- Facility types are varied and will include transit stations and vehicle maintenance, commercial, manufacturing, water and wastewater treatment, federal and local government
- 4 to 8years of experience in consulting electricalengineering
- BSEE, BSET or BSAE with Electrical/Lighting focus is required
- EIT required, PE preferred or the ability to obtain the license within the first year of employment
- Firm understanding of the National Electrical Code, other NFPA codes/standards and energy codes
- Proficiency using Computer Aided Design and Drafting (AutoCAD) is required
- Building Information Modeling (BIM – Autodesk Revit) experience is a plus
- Electrical power, lighting, and fire alarm design experience is required
- Security and communication design experience is a plus
- Experience in Power Studies, such as Short Circuit Study, Coordination Study, and Arc Flash Analysis is preferred
- Proficiency using SKM Power Tools Software is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is required
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment effectively
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environmentGannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.