- Thorough understanding of VHDL, the FPGA design process and the tools used to generate the FPGA designs.
- Understand the requirements, architect a solution targeting an FPGA against those requirements and implement that solution in an FPGA.
- Lead a small team of designers in generating the FPGA design solutions.
- Simulate the FPGA to verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly
- Full life cycle development and integration of VHDL into different families of FPGAs.
10+ years' experience in electricalengineering with Bachelor's Degree in ElectricalEngineering.
Active Top Secret clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
Experience with high speed memory and network interfaces and protocols is desired.
Self-motivated individual with the ability to work and communicate effectively within a development group is desired.
Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware / Software Engineering and Systems Engineering is preferred.
Proficiency with Xlinx, Altera Tool Suites (VHDL,Synthesis,Place and Route, Simulation, Timing Analysis), is desired.