Electrical Engineer - FPGA Designer - RT
Palm Bay, Florida 32905
- Utilize thorough understanding of FPGA design process including requirements generation, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test.
- Understand the requirements and architect of HW/FW/SW protocol and subsystem communication bus protocol
- Solid understanding with fixed-point digital math functions, linear algebra, basic geometry, floating point data structures
- High level knowledge of an image or video compression technique (i.e. JPEG, MPEG2, H.264, etc)
- Two dimensional convolution and image processing filters (i.e. Gaussian blur)
- Commercial digital or analog video buses DVI, VGA, NTSC, Displayport, etc
- Utilize solid understanding of basic digital logic design concepts (understanding how VHDL code translates into logic primitives within an FPGA); detailed understanding of all of the architectural elements within Xilinx FPGA
- Signal processing concepts and ability to architect signal processing firmware
- Understanding of static timing analysis and the process by which timing closure is achieved in a design
- Utilize the Vivado or Quartus tool suite used to generate FPGA designs
- Working with Cadence Incisive Enterprise Simulator, Subversion, Python or Perl
- Integrating with HW/software and supporting the complete testing and qualification of the deliverable system
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. BS Degree in electrical/computer engineering
2. 10+ years of related experience (or 8+ years of related experiencewith a Master's degree)
3. Ability to obtain TS SCI Secret security clearance
4. Experiencewith Avionics designs
5. Experiencewith high speed memory interfaces (DDRx)
6. Experiencewith high speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, Ethernet)
7. Experience designing withNorthwest Logic Gen 3 PCIe and 3rd Party DDR3 cores
8. Basic knowledge of computer network protocols
9. Understanding and exposure to Fiber Optics and Fibre channelNetwork Protocols
10. Experience designing 10G Ethernet based Network Interface Designs or 10G Ethernet Switch designs
11.Experience designing and understanding of IPV4 or IPV6
12.Ability to write C++ and use Microsoft Visual Studio
13.Ability to write Linux drivers
14.Must be able to work with the System Engineer and flow system specifications down to the FW/SW specifications
15. Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware / Software Engineering and Systems Engineering is desired
16. Ability to work independently and has strong technical leadership to lead a team of designers in generating the firmware design solutions
17. This position requires the candidate to possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
18. Present Salary?
19. Salary Expectation?
20. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?