Electrical Engineer (FPGA Design)
- Job Number: 113040109
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: Sep. 18, 2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Apple Engineering Team is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and self driven FPGA Design engineer with good understanding of Electrical Engineering. The candidate will work in a small team of HW, FPGA & SW engineers who collaboratively build functional Prototypes of Display technologies, which eventually find their way in Apple’s future products.
- Min. 2 years of experience utilizing Xilinx Vivado Tool chain.
- Min. 2 years of hands-on experience with FPGA architecture, design, coding, simulating, and debugging FPGA on actual HW.
- Strong understanding how your HDL/RTL code will be synthesized into FPGA fabric. Code for performance!
- Knowledge on FPGA’s HW requirements - DC Power supplies, Terminations, Signal Integrity.
- Hands-on experience using any 7 series Xilinx FPGAs - Artix-7, Kintex-7, Virtex-7, UltraScale, Zynq etc.
- Built FPGA designs involving high-performance interfaces like DDR2/3/4, LVDS, DSPs, Ethernet, etc.
- Knowledge & Experience using low-speed data/control interfaces like SPI, UART, I2C etc.
- Knowledge of FPGA fabric - Clock Regions, Bank IO Constraints, Clocking resources - CMTs, PLLs, DLLs etc.
- Understanding static timing analysis, and ability to read timing reports & fix timing issues in RTL.
- Must have practical lab debugging skills to bring-up FPGA designs on actual PCBs using Oscilloscope, Protocol Analyzers
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional product development HW & SW teams.
Strong Analytical aptitude and meticulous attention to detail. Demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think out-of-box, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. Create and give presentations before and after prototyping new ideas. Participate in FPGA design - RTL coding, module & system level test bench design, simulation, synthesis and HW bring-up. Participate in HW design reviews, and help improve existing design. Communicate and demonstrate prototypes to Cross-Functional Teams.
MS/BS in ElectricalEngineering. MS with 2+ years, or BS with 3+ years of relevant FPGA Design experience.
Micro-controller / Xilinx Microblaze experience is a Plus. EE Schematics & Board Design/Layout experience is a Plus. FW Development experience using C/C++ is a Plus. Scripting or Test Automation is a Plus.