As an Electrical Engineer at Oculus Research, you will design, build, and test prototypeelectrical systems for future consumer virtual reality (VR)experiences. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. The teams will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, optical,firmware, software, and research experts where you’ll be theelectrical expert. Wewant people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product. Starting with a broadelectrical engineering background, we’re looking for a uniquedigital system designer or hands-ondigital architect. Thedigitalcircuits will all be real-time systems using uControllers, uProcessors, andFPGAs from simple to large. Familiarity with CAD tools like Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx, isrequired. The ideal candidate would be comfortable: designing mixed high speeddigital systems,experience with driving displays, programmingfirmware, and able to work collaboratively with experts in different fields to make architecturaltradeoffs.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems in virtual reality experiments which combine mechanics, optics and software.
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Designing schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into opto-electro-mechanical systems.
- Specifying components.
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom VR solutions.
- BS in digital system design/Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Schematic and board design experience using Altium or equivalent.
- Experience using oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators.
- Circuit design experience in high speed differential circuits, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, uProcessors, firmware, and programmable logic based development.
- Experience working with one of these technologies: Digital signal processing, real-time image processing, display engineering, or camera modules.
- Experience programming in C, creating initial system bring-up, debugging, and test codes.