A key contributor to a small engineering team developing consumer electronics products in the Drinkware space. Forge and maintain a close working relationship with all team members as well as with external contractors, suppliers and vendors. Participate in the product concepting process with mechanical and electrical engineers as well as understanding the importance of Industrial Design and User Experience
- Responsible for overall electronics architecture for all products providing electrical engineering input to PRD.
- Contribute invention reports to grow company IPR portfolio.
- Work with product team to develop creative and novel solutions that support UX and manufacturing challenges.
- Recommend electronic component selection including but not limited to: Processors and microcontrollers, wireless links, batteries, touch solutions, audio, ultrasound, displays, sensors, heaters, chargers and switching circuits.
- Monitor and work to reduce product eBOM cost recommending alternative solutions to lower cost where possible.
- Seek to accurately define UX specifications such that they can be successfully implemented by electronics hardware system and or software to delight the customer.
- Manage electronics design and specification aspects of supplier relationships.
- Manage product firmware development overseeing internal and external resources to ensure schedules are met.
- Provide electrical engineering input to project scheduling and works to ensure committed dates and deliverables are met.
- Perform detailed lab work to test circuits and systems to debug issues and ensure correct functionality is achieved.
- Create prototype solutions to facilitate testing and demonstration of new product concepts.
- Deliver innovative EE solutions, and concepts that support Company’s current and future objectives
- Work closely and build relationships with Company’s manufacturing partners and suppliers to ensure EE intent, quality, and on time/on budget product delivery
- Perform other job-related duties as required
- Electrical Engineering background with 4-year college degree
- 5 + years Electrical Engineering experience
- Understanding of clearance, placement and tolerance requirements for high volume SMT manufacturing
- Understanding of trace width impact to impedance, reliability and ESD
- Knowledge of batteries and power, and thermal (preferred)
- Hands-on concepting, prototyping, and testing
- Ability to think outside of the box