Duties & Responsibilities
- Design electrical and electro-mechanical parts and assemblies based on requirements provided by scientists and engineers, or self-performed analyses.
- Examine, prepare and verify technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and sub-assemblies. Confer with management, production, sales and purchasing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors.
- Design and plan the layout of electrical assemblies to customer requirements; communicating details with Manufacturing and Test.
- Work independently using written feedback, general standards, and guidelines, without excessive reliance on redlines or specific, per-drawing direction.
- Communications and updates estimates, schedules, reports, and documents based on revisions and changes to the project.
- Results oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage project schedules.
- Prepare and communicate specifications for purchase of materials and equipment/tooling when necessary, during prototype phase.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Minimum of a BS Degree in an engineering discipline. Electrical, Electro-mechanical or Mechanical degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related engineering experience, prefer cable/harness manufacturing and design experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in Solidworks is required.
- Knowledge of other CAD tools such as IDEAS and Inventor preferred.
- Familiarity with SWIM (SolidWorks Integration Module) for Teamcenter preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of ISO standards and documentation.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, assembly drawings and wire lists.
- Knowledge of various compliance standards like ROHS, and UL/CSA.
- Experience in performing internal product and process audits.
- Experience in electrical board repairs and building prototypes.