Duties include identifying client needs, defining requirements, creating design drawings, technical specifications and layouts while working in tandem with project managers and engineers across multiple disciplines.
- Project management, phase management, and task management on projects assigned to ensure that schedule, scope, budget, quality, and client expectations are met.
- Proposal preparation and support of business development efforts and support of client management efforts.
- Performing site survey of existing conditions for interface of new designs with existing electrical and control systems.
- Design of electrical systems including; medium voltage and low voltage power distribution, stand-by generation, interior/exterior lighting, and fire alarm systems.
- Construction assistance including; shop drawing review, contractor relations, and site surveys.
- Lead and participate in meetings with clients, state agencies, city agencies, utility representatives and project teams.
- Deliver projects on time and within client budgets.
- Interaction and collaboration on cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines.
- Preparation of project reports and design documents, including specifications, electrical floor plans, equipment schematic diagram, equipment block diagrams, electrical load calculations, short circuit studies, protective device coordination studies, and arc flash studies.
- Preparation of construction cost estimates.
- Daily interaction with the electrical practice group leader and the management team.
- Coordination and verification of as-built drawings.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Must have 7 – 10 years of Electrical Engineering design experience.
- PE Preferred.
- Strong understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC), NYS Electrical Code and NYC Electrical Code.
- Computer proficiency in applications within MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Experience with facility surveys, reports, feasibility studies, design, specifications, cost estimating, and construction activities support.
- Experience in Power Studies, such as Short Circuit Study, Coordination Study, and Arc Flash Analysis is preferred.
- Proficiency using SKM Power Tools Software or ETAP is preferred.
- BIM/CADD experience preferred.
- Project management and leadership skills, capable of driving the successful completion of projects is a plus.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment effectively.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously