Job title : Fiber and energy electrical engineer
Domtar location : Windsor (QC)
- Domtar, mill in Windsor (QC) , is a pulp and paper company established in the region for over 150 years and is the most modern mill in North America.
- Domtar is an organization for which occupational health and safety is at the forefront of everything it does;
- Domtar offers the opportunity to grow in a company that conveys values such as commitment, innovation and agility;
- Domtar allows you to showcase your professional qualities and your expertise by contributing to the production of superior quality paper designed according to the principles of sustainable development.
Your mandate :
- Advise and technically support the electrical and operations team in order to resolve the recurring problems identified using continuous improvement methods ;
- Popularize technical information and work in collaboration with electricians, operating staff and other electrical engineers ;
- Analyze and develop solutions to recurring problems while increasing their reliability;
- Supervise more specialized electrical work during planned shutdowns (change of transformer, "drive", etc.);
- Participate in the training and development of electrical and operating personnel;
- Design, optimize, develop, implement and maintain electrical systems;
- Be innovative by looking for new technologies that could improve the reliability of equipment, propose new ways of doing things, stay abreast of the best in the industry;
- Optimize processes (operator interfaces, equipment productivity, energy savings);
- Continue to set up and update the preventive maintenance and condition monitoring system and ensure the proper functioning of the maintenance of equipment control systems;
- Be responsible for updating drawings and maintenance programs related to the control of equipment as well as diagrams and plans related to modifications made by maintenance.
Your profile :
- You hold a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering;
- You are a member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- You have between 5 to 10 years of experience;
- You have good knowledge of the maintenance of electrical distribution networks , A / C and D / C variable speed controls as well as automation;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- In addition to having the satisfaction of your customers at heart, you are a proactive person with a strong team spirit;
- You are a methodical and results-oriented person;
- You are engaged, dynamic and autonomous;
- You have leadership and enjoy taking initiatives;
- You are capable of rapid assimilation and adaptation, in a constantly evolving environment ( well-developed practice);
- You advocate Domtar's values (Innovation, Commitment and Agility) and the principles of continuous improvement;
- You have a good command of common computer tools and you can do well in English.