As an Electrical Engineer at DLR Group you will be responsible for the design of electrical systems from schematics through construction administration on a wide range of building types. As part of our integrated design teams you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design. You will be responsible for participating in the design process of electrical building systems and preparing detailed electrical engineering drawings and calculations.
The successful candidate will
- Interface with clients to discuss electrical systems options for their project
- Participate in project interviews
- Hire electrical engineering staff
- Train and mentor electrical engineering staff
- Manage staff assignments for the electrical engineering staff
- Assist in developing project objectives, goals, and documentation policies.
- Develop electrical designs from concept through completion of construction.
- Prepare engineering design calculations and layouts.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives.
- Coordinate electrical design requirements with architecture, mechanical, and other disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- 5 years or more as an Electrical Engineer designing lighting, power, communications and life safety building systems on complex projects.
- Professional Engineering license (PE)
- LEED Accredited Professional and previous experience participating in the LEED or other green rating system process
- Experience and interest in sustainable building design.
- An appreciation and understanding of architectural design and how architects work and think.
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit
- Proficient in AGI32 lighting design software
- Experience designing electrical systems for Healthcare projects
- Experience in medium-voltage distribution design
- Experience in low voltage systems such as telecommunications cabling, fire alarm, and security systems