Support all aspects of manufacturing facility by providing technical expertise, and provide electrical engineering discipline to implement various engineering projects as assigned. This position also provides necessary support in coordinating proper maintenance of process equipment and facilities. Assist in identification, analysis and control of occupational risks and hazards requiring the application of professional engineering knowledge, skill and abilities.
- Provide technical support to maintain facility and help optimize production process equipment in support of safety, quality, service and the profit impact activities.
- Provide preliminary engineering and cost estimates for projects, as well as detailed scopes of work to support capital project.
- Provide technical support to maintain and direct plant energy related activities.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to plant personnel and maintain engineering documentation, CAD, and other drawing files, which support project work and engineering.
- Must have had prior experience in plant engineering role
- Must be capable of analyzing complex operational issues using 6 sigma tools
- Is aware and accountable for all state and federal safety requirements that would impact the plant engineering position including securing required permits.
- Provide Safety support for JSA/SOP analysis and participate in Equipment/facility Safety Inspections.
- Lead participate in Green Belt projects / cost saving initiatives including championing Profit Impact Innovation and Growth Pillar
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of computer systems, PLC's and software applications.
- Good interpersonal skills, planning, organization and prioritizing are essential.
- Communication skills, both written and oral are critical, as this position must be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- OSHA facilities and equipment compliance trained
- Having a Professional Engineering License would be a plus