- Create new design standards for customers that are repeatable in other projects.
- Provide accepted value added engineering and alternative solutions for the customer.
- Design projects within the customer’s budget.
- Prepare Energy Calculations and Lighting Calculations
- Perform third party technical review of design documents for compliance.
- Participate in the development of design solutions on new business development proposals.
- Provide Contract Administration Services (RFI's, Change orders, etc.)
- Coordination of designs with other disciplines and vendors to provide a cohesive system to the customer.
- Conduct field inspections and condition assessments of the building electrical, security, fire, alarm systems.
- Prepare design sketches, Construction Documents and specifications in compliance with project program, building design and budget.
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of construction documents and coordination with other disciplines.
- Coordinate with contractors, owner’s consultants and vendors during both the design and construction phases of a project.
- 8 years minimum experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- Experience with office buildings, R&D, Industrial, and / or Mission Critical sectors
- Experience with AutoCAD required, experience with Revit preferred
- Experience in Design Build Environments a plus