Commercial Metals Company is seeking an Electrical Engineer to provide primarily electrical support to CMC Americas through various initiatives to continually improve the manufacturing processes and our products. The Electrical Engineer will provide input to management in developing and implementing capital planning, construction, plant equipment design & procurement, and operational improvements at the branches within CMC Americas. The Electrical Engineer is a well-rounded individual with skills ranging from process control to power system design. Basic skills related to mechanical drawings, design and operations are also required. This engineer must be capable of interacting with technical engineers and non-technical operations personnel to integrate new technologies and update existing systems. This position is project based, and must be able to take advantage of planned and unplanned production interruptions to accomplish project implementation. Electrical Engineers require good project management skills enabling them to oversee several projects at one time, while tracking deadlines, cost projections, and quality compliance. Skilled decision making is required to be able to handle a dynamic work scope. Qualified candidates will have a strong technical writing and drawing ability enabling them to complete projects with a high level of documentation accuracy.
Essential Functions andResponsibilities
• Knowledge and experience utilizing today’s design and project management tools including AutoCAD and Microsoft project.
• An ability to utilize, understand and enforce electrical code documentation such as the NEC and NFPA. Electrical Engineer will have primary oversight of outside vendor for study and implementation of Arc Flash initiative across CMC Americas.
• Experience planning outage work schedules and supervising contractors to accomplish installation goals.
• Knowledge of basic automation techniques including PLC integration and peripheral device specifications. Knowledge of HMI systems.
• Knowledge of variable speed motor controls including AC and DC drives. Understanding of Rolling Mill process control systems.
• Experienced with power quality studies and solutions including flicker, harmonics, and voltage stability.
• Knowledge of power distribution systems. Be able to design, size, and safely implement low and medium voltage power systems. Ability to assist with switchgear and breaker coordination setup. Knowledge of Load factor design and when and where this should be applied.
• Knowledge of EAF transformer specifications and experience with EAF control and regulation systems.
• Have basic IT skills including networking design and maintenance, PC structure, and standard office software skills.
• Capable of managing multiple project designs, scopes, budgets, and installations.
• Capable of being self taught. Learn by on the job experiences.
• Fluent and effective at creating technical descriptions for both operators and maintenance.
Experienceand Skill Requirements
• 8-15years of experience in manufacturing or other similar businesses
• Experienced with field work and understanding the customer’s needs
• Meeting established target dates for projects
• Ability to work with in project scope and budget
• Dedicated and have a passion for perfection.
• Good communication skills; will act as liaison between businesses.
• Confident; but able to seek help when necessary
• Ability to work under pressure
• Works well in a team environment
• Understand the importance of commitment
• Creative thinker
• Quick Learner