Ensuring Chart’s Success…
At Chart Industries, Inc., we are the innovator in the cryogenics marketplace. For Chart to maintain our leadership position, we’re constantly developing new products. To help us with the development of new products, we are seeking an Electrical Engineer that will be based at our Ball Ground, Georgia site.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be…
- Design systems for electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develop documentation to drive system design: P&IDs, component lists, theory of operation, control narratives, and cause and effect matrix
- Develop controls system concepts and architectures
- Develop bills-of-material, drawings, user manual information, cost estimates and proposals.
- Performs specific engineering studies, engineering calculations, and other design analyses.
- Specifying and assistance with sourcing of printed circuit boards
- Development of software for printed circuit boards
- Validation testing of software
- Writing of testing procedures for the production line
- Provide technical support for writing of manuals
- Coordinates project designs with other disciplines.
- Maintain consistency with company-wide business plan, quality and safety while revising products.
- Continuously review products and suggest cost reductions for new and existing designs.
Your Professional Experience Should Be…
- 5 + years of experience in the engineering, design, fabrication, and testing of electromechanical equipment
- Some medical device experiencepreferred
- Desire and ability to do hands-on work and problem solving
- Ability to work with manufacturing and operation personnel at all levels
- General knowledge of programming (and sourcing) for printed circuit boards
- Willing and able to travel as required to meet company and project requirements (5-10%)
Your Education Should Be…
BS in Electrical Engineering
Your Physical Work Environment Will Require…
- This position will require the ability to move around the production floor and investigate issues, if needed
- Lift up to 15 pounds
- Sitting, standing, stooping, bending and other related tasks in an office setting
Chart is an equal opportunity employer