CHA Consulting is currently seeking a Professional Electrical Engineer to lead design of electrical projects in our Rochester, NY office location. The primary duty will be design and delivery of electrical systems in a team environment. Project types that are to be designed include water/wastewater plants, airport terminals, schools, manufacturing facilities, and office buildings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead engineer in performing design work for electrical systems on various projects, including power distribution, standby power, lighting, motor controls and communications.
- Coordinates with junior engineers and CAD staff on design.
- Participates in professional and technical associations.
- Leads entry and junior level engineers.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant design work for electrical systems.
- P.E. is required.
- Knowledge of NEC and relevant NFPA codes is required.
- Experience with design of power distribution for multi-story office buildings, educational facilities, and light industrial is required.
- Experience with specification writing, editing, and issuance of addenda and construction sets.
- Experience in design of interior and exterior lighting systems.
- Knowledge of motor controllers, VFDs, and general process controls.
- AutoCAD and BIM experience is preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.