CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for anElectrical Engineer based in our Chicago office. We are an integrated globaldesign firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. The successful candidate will beresponsible forelectricaldesign projects and an integral part ofdesign teams within CannonDesign. Primaryresponsibilities include:
- Perform electrical engineering systems design for building construction.
- Design power distribution systems for healthcare, education/higher education and commercial clients including fire alarm systems and circuiting.
- Analyze engineering documents, layout systems to components and parts.
- Prepare construction documents including drawings and specs.
- Specify electrical equipment and review shop drawings.
- Attend and participate in construction meetings.
- Perform field site inspections during construction.
- Initiate project designs and help develop project design goals and systems.
- May assume project engineering responsibilities and adhere to financial and work goals.
- Participate in team work planning sessions and may take a lead role.
Qualified candidates must have a BS in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor in Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus). Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience is required. PE preferred. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as well as the ability to work on multiple projects. Proficiency in Revit, AGI, SKM, and Microsoft Office Suite preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Job ID: CHIEEIII0117