Electrical Engineer- Building Systems
We have an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer within our Facilities Science and Technology team in one of our central Illinois or Joliet offices.
This key position will serve as an electrical design engineer for the local electrical engineering team supporting local and nationwide clients.
Qualified candidates must have solid technical experience with the preparation of electrical construction drawings, specifications, submittals and construction administration.
The ability to develop and mentor staff, collaborate with other disciplines, establish and maintain budgets, and work in partnership with leadership throughout the Company is essential.
Job duties include developing electrical construction packages and providing quality assurance for lighting, power systems, fire alarm, communications and data. Project types will involve commercial, governmental, healthcare, educational and industrial facilities.
Specific Requirements include:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- Licenses/Registrations: Professional Engineer License (PE) required
- 5-10 years of Building Electrical and Lighting Design experience
- Application knowledge of electrical, building, and energy codes is desired
- A strong knowledge of the requirements of NEC 517 is desired
- Provide direction to Designers and CAD Technicians
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Strong background with Microsoft® Office, AutoCAD and REVIT
- Ability to travel
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
- Medical/Dental Plans
- Prescription Drug Program
- Vision Plan
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Time-off Benefits