The Electrical Engineer will utilize schematic capture, circuit simulation, FPGA programming tools as well as other design and business tools including Visual Manufacturing to communicate Product Definition requirements to the business.
- Create custom product designs that meet customer requirements, and meet or exceed quality and cost targets.
- Create system block diagrams, schematics, and detailed electrical designs.
- Create product Bills of Materials and execute Engineering Change Requests, and enter into the ERP system (Visual Manufacturing).
- Review Design Specs to understand customer requirements, interact with Sales to prepare proposals as required.
- Support manufacturing to resolve design issues for designs created.
- Complete design, drawings, and information requests for Marketing, Proposals, and Field Service.
- Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education, Training, etc.)
- BSEE and a minimum of 5years of product design experience with electrical or electro-mechanical systems or a 10+ years of relevant experience with such systems.
- Proficient in the use of schematic capture, circuit simulation, and other design software.
- Knowledge of industry recognized drafting and electrical CAD standards.
- Working knowledge of design for manufacturability, reliability, and serviceability.
- Proficient in design for Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) mitigation.
- Knowledge of industry specifications including NEMA, UL, and MIL specs and standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of design for manufacturability, reliability and serviceability concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross functional team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with the following software: Altium Designer, Lattice and Xilinx FPGA's, AutoCAD Electrical.
- Knowledge of power systems and / or industrial automation & controls.
- Proficient in Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) applications.
Due to ITAR regulations must be a US Citizen