The Electrical Engineer will produce accurate electrical design and specification documentation for the successful implementation of off-the-shelf and company structured solutions for the nuclear industry.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
BSEE/MSEE is required.
At least 5 years of experience is required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to read and understand purchase orders, verification plans, qualification plans, and specifications.
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and vendors.
- Ability to implement off-the-shelf equipment and custom equipment for the industry, including generating design drawings, writing test plans and project management.
- Identifies and analyzes project requirements to accurately evaluate project needs.
- Reads design specifications and technical drawings.
- Compiles and reviews existing electrical designs and specifications being purchased or fabricated.
- Writes and coordinates test plans and test reports.
- Produces designs and layouts for electrical systems/equipment.
- Reports status of activities timely and accurately.
- Meets project timeline and scheduled due dates.
- Maintains a complete, updated, and accurate project file that contains all appropriate electrical engineering elements of the project.
- On time and continual communication with client with accurate project status update.
- Work as a team among all engineers and assist each other including the project coordinators when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.