Job Description: Provide external team leadership and guidance.Demonstrate professionalism by responding to e-mails promptly, actively participating in meetings, ability to explain issues clearly, providing updates, maintaining records, working with other departments, and understanding the impact of their job to the overall business. Establish quality assurance methods, procedures, standards, and technical training related to site design and construction.Weigh the pros and cons, including impact to the system, costs, compatibility, ease of use, reliability, timing parameters. Interface with internal and external departments as well as regulatory agencies by interacting with municipal agencies in the pursuit of building permits, construction inspections, and by finally obtaining certificates of occupancy for network facilities. 5 to 7 years of experience. Preferred Job Qualifications
• Experienced in transmission line pilot or telecommunications-based protection.
• Familiar with SEL 311L, 351, 321, 411L, 421, 487E, and GE L90 relays, with ability to become familiar with RFL 9300. Other SEL and GE relays may be included in scope.
• Experienced in operation of relay access software including SEL AcSELerator and GE EnerVista.
• Experience with SEL Team data collection automation software is desired, or may be acquired in project work.
• Familiar with application of all commonly-used communications channel and interface types for teleprotection including IEEE C37.94, SEL Mirrored Bits®, binary wired signal connections, TDM SONET/SDH multiplexers and channels, optical fiber paths, and power-line carrier (PLC).