Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Provides support to the buildings, roads and grounds, equipment and utility systems of Redstone Arsenal operations, maintenance, repair and construction activities involving requirements for electrical engineering expertise.
- Performs electrical engineering surveys and studies for cost reduction, to improve work methods and increase efficiency.
- Provides technical inputs to the Annual Work Plan process and technical consultation with operations and maintenance personnel.
- Provides advisory reviews, makes recommendations and comments on Government designs.
- Prepares operating plans in accordance with assigned data requirements of the ISS Contract.
- Responsible for the interpretation and implementation of Technical Manuals, Army Regulations and othercontract referenced documents.
- Provides electrical engineering advisory services to Directorate of Public Works in developing criteria for equipment installation, maintenance, repair and alterations/construction job order requests.
- Provides operational drawings to operations and maintenance shops. Provides operating and maintenance procedures.
- Performs facility/systems assessments and prepares associated reports and project documentation.
- Supports the Corps of Engineers with design criteria to meet the Redstone Arsenal (RSA) compatibility requirements with existing electrical systems.
- Maintains medium voltage substation equipment such as switchgear, power factor controllers, voltage regulators, and transforms sized to 25 MVA, and associated General Electric and Schweitzer relays.
- Prepares installation Status Reports annually for the RSA electricaldistribution conductors, transformers, and roadway lighting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate Degree from accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering.
- Five years Electrical Engineering experience or related experience performing design, installation and technical functions similar in type and scope to those described herein.
- Requires the ability and willingness to climb and descend ladders with confidence and safely work off structures, catwalks, mezzanines, roofs, etc. using OSHA mandated techniques and Environmental health and safety requirements. Requires the ability to walk, climb and descend on uneven terrain at job sites or work areas.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen and physical/ medical clearance.
- Ability to pass a NACLAC investigation after hire.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Registered Professional Electrical Engineer.
- Familiar with the operation and use of Supervisory Control Data Acquisition (SCDA) and Distributed Control System (DCS) systems and the relationship between the two. Understands the components of SCADA to include: Human Machine Interface (HMI); Supervisory (computer) system; Remote Terminal Units (RTUs); Programmable Logic Controller (PLCs); and Communication infrastructure.
- Understands the Smart grid concept and emerging technology as electricaldistributionnetworks transition to more highly flexible, reliable and sustainable systems to include: integration of renewable energy sources; application of innovative technologies in areas of energy storage devices and power electronics; use of communication technologies to improve observability and controllability of the networks; protection and security of network performance.