The experienced Engineer – Team Lead 4 develops and applies engineering techniques, concepts, and approaches to complex and unique engineering problems. Given the acquired depth and breadth of knowledge at this job level, a person in this role is recognized as a key internal reference point for technical guidance. The successful candidate will supervise and mentor a team of qualified engineers and be required to provide technical guidance to colleagues, CAD and administrative staff on projects of medium-to-high complexity. This individual is also responsible for developing, validating, and presenting technical output, and may lead the development of deliverables to clients. Additionally, this individual will be expected to travel locally and nationally to meet with clients to support business development.
- Manages engineering design-related aspects of a multidiscipline project or multiple small-to-medium projects, including engineering schedule and budget performance, quality of engineering solutions and deliverables, coordination of design, procurement, and construction
- Oversees and participates in the collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work
- Coordinates all technical aspects of projects and makes project engineering execution decisions within the bounds set by applicable policies, standards, guides, and contract commitments
- Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analyzes problems and methods
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables, such as: drawings, reports, specifications, and studies, with limited supervision for multiple moderately complex projects
- Supports Business Development by providing technical information for sales proposals, or by pursuing other related activities as assigned by management
- Attends and frequently leads internal and external client meetings, communications, conference calls, and client site visits
- Identifies, and communicates to project team, clients’ interests and drivers and proactively integrates that knowledge into recommendations throughout project work
- Applies experience to clarify or interpret industry, client, or company standards for others and assists with updating company standards
- Serves as System Protection subject matter expert (SME) producing and publishing thought leadership content, including conference presentation
- Ensures compliance with company quality program through individual and team-related tasks or deliverables
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program required; Master’s preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) license required. At least ten years of related experience demonstrating continuous growth and knowledge expansion, delivering 3-5 multifaceted projects simultaneously, and overseeing technical aspects of projects. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.