$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
This position requires an individual who is fully competent in all conventional aspects commonly employed in electrical engineering design. Your typical duties will include planning, scheduling, conducting or coordinating portions of a major project or a complete project of moderate scope. The complexity of the work associated with this position requires a broad knowledge of electrical engineering and a good working knowledge of it's principles and practices related to the design of industrial process type facilities or water/wastewater treatment systems and facilities, and transportation systems and facilities. You will be expected to mentor junior staff which will include supervising the work of junior engineers, designers and CADD Operators who are assisting on assigned work.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Performing limited AutoCAD tasks for electrical design drawings.
• Performing technical electrical calculations for electrical systems
• Performing design tasks including lighting layouts, communications, fire alarm, and security systems.
• Developing the electrical plans and specifications for small to medium sized and complex projects with minimal supervision.
• Performing site investigations to confirm and/or identify existing conditions for use in developing electrical design.
• Coordinating with the client, utilities, fire marshal or code enforcement officers.
• Reviewing shop drawings and assist with general construction services.
• Performing short circuit, coordination and arc flash studies using power analysis software.
• Assisting in the development of project scope and budget as input for proposals.
• Ability to select and specify various electrical system components including motor control centers, switchgear, transformers, etc.
• Determine code require working clearances around electrical equipment.
• Assist senior staff in the development of the Engineer's opinion of probable construction cost estimates
• Assist senior staff in the development of sales proposals.
• Attend client meetings for the purpose of defining the project scope during a proposal phase and review design development documents during project execution.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point)
• Proficiency with SKM Power*Tools or other electrical system analysis software is preferred
Education: Bachelor's degree in electrical or electronic engineering, or electrical technology or related discipline. Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in states where an EIT is not obtainable. Experience: 5 years of related experience. Travel: Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: • Performing limited AutoCAD tasks for electrical design drawings. • Performing technical electrical calculations for electrical systems using electrical systems analysis software. • Performing electrical design tasks for water, wastewater, industrial, transportation and facility projects
Valid Through: 2019-9-19