We are looking for Electrical Engineer 3 (Test Equipment Design - Lead) for our client in Palm Bay FL
Job Title: Electrical Engineer 3 (Test Equipment Design - Lead)
Job Location: Palm Bay FL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Candidate will be responsible for the management, cost and schedule (EVMS) and overall execution for test solution design, development, integration, sell-off, and qualification activities.
- Candidate will be responsible for the generation of shop orders / work order flow tags in preparation for testing.
- Candidate will be responsible for engaging with electrical, mechanical, supply chain, quality, systems, production, program management and test personnel ensuring an understanding and appropriate hand-off of requirements (both hardware and software), system interfaces, test specifications, test solutions, design / peer reviews, implementation of test solutions and execution of tests.
- Candidate will be responsible for the collection of test data, review / analysis as applicable, and the generation of required test reports.
- Candidate will be responsible for understanding, properly using and maintaining the test sets and test equipment.
- Candidate will be responsible for Mil-Std-810F environmental and Mil-Std-461E EMI/EMC qualification and testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering or Computer Science with 8+ years of relevant test solution, hardware and software lifecyle experience in the space payloads / defense aerospace market.
- Experience in the commercial / electronics market is a plus. Candidate needs to be proficient with the generation of test documentation (work orders, test procedures, test reports).
- A strong work ethic and strong leadership skills with solid communication, interpersonal management and relationship building skills being a must.
- Strong technical, analytical and critical thinking / reasoning skills. Leadership skills are a must.
- Experience with LabVIEW / LabWindows / TestStand and PXI is a must.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Candidate needs strong Office tool skills along with a broad instrumentation hardware and software knowledge.
- Experience with FPGA design, 1553, Fiber Optic, Space Wire, wireless and adhoc network is a plus.
- Experience with C, C++, C# is a plus.
- COMSEC/CCI and Secret / SBI / EBI clearance is a plus.