Electrical Engineer - 2
Location : Imlay City, Michigan
Position Type : Full Time
Salary : $90K Per Annum
Visa: GC, USC
Client is seeking an exceptional ElectricalDesignEngineer. He/she will be a key member of an agile design team. They will work with Product Management, Advanced ManufacturingEngineering, Purchasing, Testing and Lean Manufacturing to create new designs that solve real-world problems, and support new and existing products with current manufacturing processes. He/she will become proficient with industry standards, and how they relate to product design.
· Design of major parts, harnesses and assemblies. Utilization of CAD to ensure proper form, fit, and function of design.
· Review and determine parameters for subsequent creation of engineering documentation.
· Investigation of minor projects or project parameters as they relate to locations, fit, and feasibility.
· Prepare calculations for design adequacy in areas of component design.
· May be involved in testing designs and configurations for compliance with standards.
· May be responsible for training and guidance of designers or engineers.
· Determine root cause and resolution of problems on the production floor.
· Prepare and/or check bills of material, line sheets, create new part numbers, and manage engineering change orders, related to electricaldesigns.
· May assist in maximizing efficiency techniques of current designs and research ways to improve existing systems.
· Must be able to prioritize duties and complete tasks according to established schedules so as not to compromise completion dates.
· May analyze and evaluate components for capacity, strength and durability.
· May give technicalguidance or training to others assigned to work on a common project.
· May be involved in new product research and development as well as continuous cost reduction efforts.
· May be required to provide support to sales, marketing, service, warranty, production and recycle departments.
· Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot and/or repair electrical instruments or testing equipment.
· Analyze and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Minimum Requirements:
2. BSdegree in ElectricalEngineering.
3. 4 yearsengineeringdesignexperience.
4. Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
5. Exposure to mechanical, hydraulic and/or electrical routines as related to the manufacture and design of heavy vehicles and/or mobile equipment.
6. Working knowledge of Multiplex design/configuartion, Controller Area Network (CAN BUS) and J1939 Protocol.
7. Thorough understanding of design and drafting techniques, manufacturing processes, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, DFMA processes and Brainstorming techniques.
8. 7 yearsengineeringdesignexperience.
9. Experience with Multiplexing technology.
10. Knowledge of MRP systemspreferred.
11. Knowledge of circuit boards, processor, chips, and electronic test equipment
12. Knowledge of PLC programming helpful.
13. Proficiency in CAD design software.Present Salary?
14. Salary Expectation?
15. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?