Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
Develop electrical based systems including electronics, electrical harness and wiring, software interface, component selection, and associated electrical systems. This position performs a variety of complicated tasks and should work independently with instructions as the general results expected. May be responsible for the direction of other technical level resources working in a multifunctional team.
- Product application analysis - Research product electrical needs. Review regulatory requirements, Crown design guidelines, technical risk management. Develop electrical system requirements including performance, form and fit, and cost goals.
- Product design and development - Design solutions to meet operational, safety, regulatory, manufacturability, and cost requirements. Perform design analysis of performance, reliability, safety, and failure mode analysis. Produce and maintain block diagrams, schematics, and wiring diagrams for product.
- Product testing and support - Create and conduct design verification tests for product electrical systems. Work with Quality, Manufacturing, and Service to develop test protocols for construction and use of the product.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 4 years related experience
- Experience with mobile equipment design, power electronics, motor control systems, wireless and electromagnetic compatibility preferred
- Good written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Valid driving privileges
- Ability to occasionally travel with overnight stays (0-5%)
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled