• Produce mixed signal hardware designs. Assists in the selection, design, and layout of:
o digital hardware including microprocessors, clocks, memory, UARTs, LCDs, and logic,
o ADCs, DACs, and high performance, low-noise data acquisition,
o sensor and electromechanical systems such as motors, motor controllers, strain gauges, accelerometers, and Hall effect sensors,
o battery-powered systems and high efficiency power supplies, and
o unlicensed wireless / RF solutions including SoCs, transceivers, antennas, and supporting circuitry.
• Design, build, and test prototype printed circuit boards. Work closely with vendors on PCB stackup design and PCBA design for manufacturability.
• Create microcontroller-based firmware.
• Provide supporting design documentation, including design specifications, design options, tradeoffs and choice rationale, experimental results, and tuning procedures.
• Collaborate with engineering team members to develop jointly optimized product architectures.
• Work closely with Product Managers to understand and refine product concepts.
• Support projects from conception through product launch within a global team setting.
• Own, estimate, and track progress for tasks through all stages of a project to meet desired performance, cost, and time-to-market goals.
• Contribute to the creation, use, and adherence to evolving standards for design rigor and verification.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) required, Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) preferred.
• 4+ years embedded system design experience.
• Experience programing in C, Python and/or a similar scriptinglanguage required.
• Understanding of digital signal processing concepts including sampling, filtering, and multirate interpolation.
• Discrete component-level circuit analysis knowledge. Demonstrated expertise with hardware debugging using oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
• Wireless hardware and supportfirmwareexperiencerequired. EMC compliance including 2.4 GHz unlicensed radio transceivers a plus. Experience tuning antennas and matching networks using Vector Network Analyzers (VNAs) desired.
• Linux development environment experience is desired.
• Familiarity with a variety of sensing technologies such as strain gauges, accelerometers, and hall effect sensors is a plus.
• Experience designing for high-reliability systems. Experience with six sigma design-for-manufacturability, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), design of experiments (DoE), statistical analysis, and electrical assembly yield improvement a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Prior international cross-functional development experience plus.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills are required.