The Discipline Manager (DM) manages and directs the work of staff design personnel under minimal supervision in order to complete assigned work on time, within budget, and in accordance with applicable codes/standards and Middough Work Process guidelines. The DM performs difficult and complex duties requiring independent decisions and extensive related experience. The DM administers corporate policy as required and develops and implements long range employee development plans and objectives. The DM develops staffing guidelines with responsibility for all personnel transactions in their assigned department(s). The DM provides technical leadership and assists engineers in solving complex design engineering problems through state-of-the-art technology and drives all related efforts in the development of, and advancement in technology excellence.
- Performs engineering analysis and design on complex or unique problems.
- Uses Middough work processes to provide quality checks and reviews of all assigned projects.
- Provides support and input for client proposals, SOQ’s, and presentations.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and directs department personnel to the successful completion of projects.
- Uses scheduling tool(s) to prepare and maintain schedules ensuring projects are on time and within budget projections.
- Manages quality and accuracy standards and reviews and approves completed design plans.
- Determines technologystaffing needs and recruits, hires, develops and motivates discipline team.
- Takes an active role in support of business development activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 15+ years of electrical systems designexperience in a consulting organization
- Experience in power distribution, substation and distribution hardware specification, power system modeling, control systems and hardware interfacing for projects in the process industries
- Knowledge of single line & schematic diagrams, PID’s and NEC standards
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- PE license preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products