- Coordinate project electrical design activities including in-house and vendor information, with process, piping, mechanical, electrical and instrument disciplines.
- Be able to assist a lead Electrical Engineer in developing schedule for deliverables and scope of work.
- Be able to assist in the estimate effort required to perform electrical design scopes of work, and be able to track and monitor project budgets.
- Independently prepare 3D models, drawings, and layouts from sketches with minimal supervision for chemical and heavy industrial process and chemical plants.
- Work with engineers on preparation of specifications, technical calculations, cost estimates, and bills of material.
- Perform site evaluations within plants to gather information, assess site conditions, verify designs, and provide other on-site assistance during start-up or construction.
- Assist in training junior-level designers in various programs and procedures.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in preparing electrical drawings, including single lines, schematics, electrical bills of material, lighting plans, cable tray plans, conduit plans, cable schedules, and grounding plans.
- Ability to create models and drawings using Autodesk Plant Design Suite (including AutoCAD, Plant 3D, and Navisworks).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adherence to detail, with a desire to create accurate, organized, and well laid out drawings.
- Ability to work with junior staff to coordinate workload, as well as provide mentoring, training, and guidance.
- Ability and willingness to travel to client locations and perform work on construction sites and in operating industrial facilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Associates degree in CAD Drafting and Design Technology or equivalent work experience.
RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define implement and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America.