The Electrical Designer I is responsible for supporting the design, drafting and AutoCad tasks of an Electrical Design Team within the company providing Electrical engineering services for refineries, chemical plants, mid-stream gas processing facilities and utilities systems. Promote the company’s goals and strategies with other employees and clients. Participate as a member in the development and execution of an Engineering Department high performance team focused on values of safety, quality, ethical behaviors, customer satisfaction and confidentiality. Contribute to the development and implementation of continuous improvement processes.
- Implement Electrical Departmental Design Processes and Procedures assuring compliance with Industry Codes and Standards
- Comply with a comprehensive Quality Assurance / Quality Control Program
- Execute the Electrical Engineering Department’s responsibilities with the direction of the Electrical Engineer of a multi- phased approach to project development and execution
- Integrate and communicate a team approach with all engineering disciplines for the successful execution of a project focused on the early phases of a project.
- Participate in both conceptual and detailed process engineering designs and support the Lead Electrical Engineer’s expectations of meeting project schedule dates, within budget and with adequate staffing
- Maintain strict compliance and technical support with Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes and procedures as well as EH&S
- Interaction with the Project Controls Department for both compliance with estimates and schedules as well as assisting with development of deliverable credit basis, schedule creation and implementation, and change management procedures
- Produce contract deliverables developed by the client assuring the Electrical Engineering Department’s compliance with specified design criteria are achieved
- Review and receive guidance from the Electrical Lead Designer concerning facilities meeting requirements established by client on site power availability and client expectations.
- Preparation of electrical design drawings such as electrical calculations, single line diagrams, schematic diagrams, logic diagrams, cable schedules, interconnection schedules, hazardous area classifications, equipment layouts, cable routing and trenching, lighting systems, heat tracing, relay drawings, etc.
- Assure accuracy of Material Take Offs (MTO) quantities for subcontractor and procurement purposes
- Assure all Electrical engineering designs meet applicable codes and standards compliance including company standards for development of refineries, petro/chemical and mid-stream gas processing and utilities
- Communicate and interface openly via the Electrical Designer 2 or through the Lead Electrical Engineer with Project Managers, Project Engineers and other Managers of discipline engineers and participate in periodic project reviews and clients discussions, as required, to ensure client satisfaction
- Follow continuous improvement process using lessons learned with staff, clients and contractors
- Be a part of an Electrical Design team supporting the proposal efforts and participate actively in Winning Projects
- Assist in a project schedule for delivery of design basis and drawing releases
- Promote value engineering and technical review through periodic reviews of existing survey data, while meeting the needs of the Electrical Engineering Department.
- Attend regular training sessions for staff technical development as required
- Provide technical expertise to vendors during face-to-face meetings including other discipline managers as required
- Assist with studies and new technology reviews with Manager
- Cooperate with Lead Electrical Engineer to coordinate activities with Procurement Department assuring excellent communication
- Technical support during construction phase
Must have a minimum 10 years of Electrical design experience in refining, petro-chemical and mid-stream oil and gas processing and utilities
A Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering Degree is preferred
Computer modeling skills are required (AutoCAD 2013, CADWORX.)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.A. for any employer without sponsorship