Grand Rapids, MI
Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
8 - 10 years
Posted 159 days agoby Mike Moore
We have been retained by a growing and innovative NATIONAL architectural firm with offices in the upper Midwest who are seeking Project Engineers - Electrical to team with their award winning Mechanical/Electrical Engineering team.
We are looking for the best and brightest for these Electrical Design Engineers positions in Lansing (No PE necessary) and Grand Rapids MI or Toledo, Oh (PE necessary) . You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, cost of living, the compensation and quality of life.
Is this you*
Electrical Design Engineers Jr and SR (PE and NO PE necessary)
We are seekingdynamic electrical engineers and designers to work on challenging and rewarding projects with a talented team of professionals and to apply engineering fundamentals related to a particular discipline (i.e.; Mechanical, Energy, Electrical, Structural, Land Development, Waterway, Bridge, Transportation, Railway, Water Resources) in technical support of project design teams
As a Designer - Electrical, you will work closely with a Senior Electrical Engineer to deliver engineered solutions that meet the needs of various retail, commercial, educational, industrial, and governmental clients.
This is a full-time permanent position with strong opportunities for career growth, training, and exposure to interesting clients with diverse projects.
Our work environment is a team atmosphere that emphasizes delivering quality to our clients.
Under the supervision of a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will:
* Design systems for medium and low voltage power distribution, emergency/standby power, lighting, lighting controls, fire alarm, telephone/data, CATV, public address, security & access control.
* Draft plans and specifications showing various levels of design completion.
* Conduct electrical field investigations, product research, and code analysis.
* Perform calculations for determining connected load, demand load, lighting levels, voltage drop, short-circuit levels, protective device coordination, and arc flash.
* Size equipment consisting of panel boards, circuit breakers, fuses, transformers, disconnect switches, motor starters, generators, ATSs, light fixtures, fire alarm annunciation devices, conduit, and wire.
* Collaborate with other design professionals on our project team to provide a coordinated electrical design.
* Estimate construction costs.
* Review shop drawing submittals from trade contractors.
* Respond to trade contractor RFIs.
* Adhere to the Quality Assurance Program.
Must have experience with the following
* Four-year degree with at least 2 years design experience, or 2-year degree with 8 years design experience in related discipline.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
* Proficiency designing site & interior lighting, low voltage power distribution, and fire alarm systems.
* Working knowledge of NFPA 70, NFPA 72, IECC, and ASHRAE 90.1.
* Proficiency in AGi32 or similar lighting modeling software.
* Experience using COMcheck.
* Experience in tele/data design.
* Experience using power systems software such as SKM or etap for modeling short-circuits, overcurrent protective device coordination, and arc flash is a plus.
* Experience performing on site observations of existing conditions and construction progress.
* Experience reviewing contractor shop drawings and responding to contractor RFIs.
Authorized US only