We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused.
You will be working within the Product Engineering organization helping develop and test state-of-the-art renewable energy solutions for SunPower.
This position reports directly to the director of electronic hardware development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire in-depth understanding of the new products to be developed and tested
- Participate in the development of new products from concept to production
- Develop of comprehensive test plans
- Build sophisticated hardware-in-the-loop test setups
- Develop fully automated data acquisition and system-under-test control tools
- Complement the above systems with fully automated and programmable test load banks
- Support new product design verification testing and certification
- Prepare and present all test report documentation
- Support new product introduction into the factory and across the organization
- B.S. degree in Engineering and 5-8 years of related experience or M.S. Degree and 3-5 years or Ph.D. 2+ years
- OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experienceHave a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
- Familiarity with PLC programming and LabVIEW
- Some personal or college experience working with renewable energy equipment in general and solar in particular
- Some personal or college experience testing battery energy storage systems
- Experience using electronic lab equipment such as digital scopes, data acquisition systems, programmable AC and DC voltage sources, etc.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent thinker
- High energy
- Passionate about engineering and technology
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)