About the job:
The position of IPM Electrical Design Engineer is focused on definition, design, development, and release to volume production of power modules for applications involving high voltage (200-2000v), including but not limited to those using Silicon-Carbide, Gallium-Nitride, silicon-based multi-chip-modules, etc. technologies. The role involves hands-on IPM electrical design in close collaboration between TI’s packaging teams, Kilby Labs and business units, semiconductor process development teams, external partners such as customers, universities, research institutions, suppliers, etc. Scope of the job includes understanding and participation in defining and developing technical specifications for performance, reliability, manufacturability, cost, etc. requirements and designing IPM solutions that meet those requirements. This position requires the ability to very effectively and efficiently interact with a number of organizations within and outside of TI across the globe.
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic, self-motivated, hard-working, results-oriented individual to contribute in an extremely talented R&D team environment.
The IPM Electrical Design Engineer role is responsible for the following:
• Electrical design and development of IPMs.
• Development of new IPM concepts involving analog integrated circuits and high-power discrete components (such as SiC, GaN, MOSFETs, IGBTs, etc.).
• Deep understanding of module topologies relevant to PV, EV/HEV, UPS, Renewable end applications.
• Definition, design, simulation and modeling of new IPM concepts
• Evaluation, characterization, and validation of IPM prototypes
• Lead module electrical design in close collaboration between TI’s packaging teams, Kilby Labs and business units, Analog technology development teams, external partners such as customers, universities, research institutions, suppliers, etc.
***This position can be located in Santa Clara, CA, Dallas, TX, or Freising, Germany
Minimum requirements: (for compliance purposes, a candidate MUST have each one of these minimum requirements before we can send to you for a possible interview)
• Master’s in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or related.
• 7+ years of experience in design of power electronics, MCM/SIP/power module development and design for high-voltage (>200V) analog integrated circuits and high-power discrete components (such as SiC, GaN, MOSFETs, IGBTs, etc.).
• Track record of successfully completing a definition to ramp Product Life Cycle for Power Modules with a Tier 1 or Tier 2 customer.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience in semiconductor technology development, module reliability characterization and modeling, test development, device/module qualification
• Basic understanding of cost of manufacturing of power modules.
• Test vehicle design, advanced prototyping, evaluation and failure analysis
• Ability to follow disciplined work flow targeting for delivery of milestones on-time with high quality
• Ability to work independently - with minimal supervision - with significant sense of urgency and commitment to achieve tangible results and outcomes.
• Willing to travel.
• PhD preferred.
• Knowledge of industry high-voltage (200v to 2000v) and power module trends, industry standards, supply chain, and reliability requirements.
• Understanding of the end applications related to high voltage electronic devices (200v to 2000v)
• Knowledge of power package/module design, electrical and thermal modeling, etc.
• Participation in international Standards committee, publication record in field related journals, magazines or conferences.