Ranked among the nation's top 10 Construction Managers by Engineering News-Record, The LiRo Group provides integrated construction, design, and technology solutions for a broad range of public and private sector clients and continues to expand in the New England region. Our growth has created an immediate need for an Electrical Design Engineer (FE) in our Portland, Maine office.
Electrical Design Engineer (FE) to join our MEP design team for our Portland, Maine office.
- Work full-time with our lead Electrical Engineer in the design of electrical systems for commercial and Healthcare facilities
- Design of fire alarm systems, normal and emergency power systems, nurse call systems, telephone systems, interior lighting design and site lighting design
- Assist with electrical load calculations and energy calculations
- Assist with construction administration duties
- Candidate should also be proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit MEP
- Position will require travel throughout New England and New York
- 5+ years' of relevant design experience
- Knowledge of healthcare electrical designs is desirable
- Candidate should be a graduate of a 4 year degree program and have successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
- Skills include knowledge of and ability to provide design assistance for lighting, fire alarm, security, telephone systems, nurse call and power distribution systems
- Ability to work independently with general instructions / guidance from project manager and produce the expected results
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to multitask on several projects at once