Bergmann Associates is currently seeking a dynamic Electrical Engineer to work on challenging and rewarding projects with a talented team of professionals. As an Electrical Engineer, you will work closely with the team to deliver engineered solutions that meet the needs of various retail, commercial, educational, industrial, and governmental clients with diverse project needs.
- Design systems for medium and low power distribution, emergency power, lighting, lighting controls, fire alarm, telephone/data, CATV, public address, security & access control.
- Draft plans and specifications showing various levels of design completion.
- Conduct electrical field investigations, product research, and code analysis.
- Perform calculations for determining connected load, demand load, lighting levels, voltage drop, short-circuit levels, protective device coordination, and arc flash.
- Size equipment consisting of panelboards, circuit breakers, fuses, transformers, disconnect switches, motor starters, generators, ATSs, light fixtures, fire alarm annunciation devices, conduit, and wire.
- Collaborate with other design professionals on our project team to provide a coordinated electrical design.
- Estimate construction costs.
- Review shop drawing submittals from trade contractors.
- Respond to trade contractor RFIs.
- Adhere to the Bergmann Quality Assurance Program.
- Attend client and jobsite progress meetings
When you work for Bergmann Associates, you join a team of people known for our passion, our expertise, and our outstanding service on each and every project. Bergmann Associates represents more than three decades of culture built upon the work of our dedicated, client-focused experts. We are a team of multi-disciplinary professionals that delivers what we promise through the collaborative efforts of our diverse staff.
- 8 to 10+ years of experience working as a consultant in a client focused environment.
- EIT certification required, PE preferred
- Proficiency designing site & interior lighting, low voltage power distribution, and fire alarm systems.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70, NFPA 72, IECC, and ASHRAE 90.1.
- Proficiency in AGi32 lighting modeling software.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience using COMcheck.
- Experience in tele/data design.
- Experience using power systems software such as SKM or etap for modeling short-circuits, overcurrent protective device coordination, and arc flash.
- Experience performing on site observations of existing conditions and construction progress.
- Experience reviewing contractor shop drawings and responding to contractor RFIs.