Electrical Controls Engineer
As a member of a multi-disciplined engineering team this resource will function as a hands-on engineer providing functional controls expertise for project design, construction, commissioning, and start-up as related to industrial controls for clients in various industries for our office located in Kennesaw, GA (Atlanta).. Position requires 25% travel.
We offer competitive salaries and an extensive benefits package including 401k with Employer Match, Company Stock Program, Vacation, Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, etc.
The Electrical Controls Engineer will use engineering principles to design and/or improve the client's manufacturing controls systems in various types of industrial environments. Will follow client defined standards and scope, and maintain communication and interface with appropriate client contacts. Responsible for controls design, installation, start-up and project documentation. May participate on project teams across multiple clients simultaneously.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or related preferred
- Proven Control System Design experience
- Rockwell Automation Platform Experience (ControlLogix/CompactLogix Required, PLC 5 Preferred)
- Wonderware HMI experiencepreferred
- Rockwell SE and ME HMI experience
- Rockwell Variable Speed Drive experience
- Proven Network and Communications experience
- Client support and interface skills
- Strong analytical, communication (oral & written) and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Field commissioning and start-up experience
- Heavy Industrial or Process Industry experiencerequired
- Some field work is required, which could involve climbing ladders, climbing onto platforms, crawling around in machinery and walking for extended periods of time
- Must be able to climb ladders, walk over crossovers, and access equipment
- Must be able to climb a caged personnel ladder