Electrical Controls Engineer
11 - 15 years experience • Engineering Services
As a member of a multi-disciplined engineering team, this resource will function as a hands-on engineer providing electrical power and controls expertise for project design, construction, commissioning, and start-up as related to industrial power and controls for clients in the pulp & paper, food & beverage, and other industries for our office located in Albany, GA. The Electrical Engineer will use engineering principles to design and/or improve the clients' manufacturing electrical and control systems that involve process or packaging systems.
10+ years' experience in industrial power and controls.
- Bachelordegree in EE or EET preferred
- Responsibilities will vary according to project. May work independently on smaller projects, participate on project teams, or lead projects.
- Managing projects: scheduling, budgeting, accurately tracking and recording spending on various project tasks.
- Supervising supporting engineers and designers; providing training support; and giving technical direction to constructiontrades, maintenance technicians, etc.
- Producing client specified/industry standard specifications & notations in development of technical document packages for estimation, construction, and installation.
- Developing, managing, and executing pre-startup inspection plans (PSI) and startup plans for large projects.
- Establishing design requirements through field/site audits and studies, reviewing and marking up existing system documentation, and creating new project scope documents.
- Utilizing design requirements for the purpose of estimating project effort.
- Demonstrating positive and professional communication and behavior in all interactions with clients and colleagues.
- Design and analysis of electric power systems for standard installations (0-600V).
- Application of NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), applied knowledge of NFPA 70E and UL-508.
- Design of analog and digital control systems and instrumentation.
- Analyzing and classifying hazardous (classified) areas per NFPA.
- Application of programmable logic controllers (PLC), distributed control systems (DCS) and similar processors, along with associated HMI interfaces.
- Includes specification, setup, configuration, and in-depth programming knowledge. Majority of TA clients use Rockwell software.
- Specifying instrumentation, sensors, analyzers, control components, power distribution components, motor control centers, cable tray, wireway, conduit, cable, and wire.
- Applied knowledge of power and control system drawing types including: P&IDs, Loop Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, Conduit Layouts, Elementary & Connection Schematics, and Panel/Enclosure Layouts.
- Basic commands in Computer Aided Design software in current common use and versions (e.g. AutoCAD).
Most projects require local travel to client site for meetings, field inspections, and startup. Longer trips/overnight visits are required occasionally.
We offer competitive salaries and an extensive benefits package including 401k with Employer Match, Company Stock Program, Vacation, Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, etc.
Relocation Assistance is provided.
Visit our corporate website www.technicalassociates.com to find out more about our growing organization and career opportunities.