As the largest engineering firm headquartered in Wisconsin, Foth is a tightly-knit and diversified team of over 500 members strong. Our engineers, scientists, consultants, construction managers, and affiliated professionals work together to deliver smart solutions to our public and private clients.
Foth Production Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Electrical & Controls Designer who has a desire to contribute to our clients’ success and is looking for new learning experiences and opportunities for career growth. This position will be working out of our Green Bay, WI or St. Louis, MO location.
Foth Production Solutions works closely with Fortune 500 companies to develop engineering-led solutions for the most complex consumer product production challenges. From small, single discipline projects to large multi-disciplined, turnkey projects, Foth’s commitment to personalized, client-centered service and long-term relationships never wavers. Our clients lead a broad range of industries and they leverage our team members’ experiences to support projects for new product introductions or line installations, custom machine solutions for unique packaging or product making needs, or systems analysis leading to throughput and efficiency gains.
This position will provide electrical and controls design support for our internal team and external clients. Projects will include process, utilities, and packaging systems utilized in the production of consumer products in the beverage market.
- Actively promote, support, and monitor safety policies of Foth and Foth clients
- Utilize CAD software to prepare, review, modify, and create drawings
- Create and layout electrical designs for process, packaging, and utilities projects, primarily in the beverage industry
- Interpret and implement engineering mark-ups to drawings
- Review design work performed by other team members for quality and adherence to standards
- Coordinate project work with clients, vendors, and OEMs as requested
- Review project drawings and submittals as requested
- Manage and file documents, post drawings and documents to web-based sites for client, contractors, partner companies, etc.
- Manage and organize multiple tasks; work independently and re-prioritize as necessary
- Communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Provide field installation, commissioning, and start-up support
All Foth PS Members are expected to:
- Travel as required (domestic and/or international) for field work and/or other client/business objectives
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
- Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
- Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Interact with clients on a regular basis
- 5+ years of experience working as a designer
- Associate’s Degree in drafting/design, electronics, or electro-mechanicaltechnology or equivalent
- Experience with MicroStation CAD software to create electrical and control system designs
- Previousexperiencewith any combination of the following:
- Allen-Bradley Control System design
- Modicon Control System design
- Siemens Control System design
- Distributed Control System (DCS) design (to include specifying modules and laying out schematic wiring)
- Developing electrical and control cabinet layout designs and bills of material (BOM)
- I/O networks and IT network design (Control Net, Ethernet, Ethernet I/P, Profibus, Modbus +, etc.)
- Low voltage (480 and down) one line and three line drawings
- Motor control center drawings
- Instrument installation, wiring, and components
- Specifying electrical devices and components
- Electrical codes and standards (NFPA79, NEC70, NEC70E, UL508)
- IndustrialElectricalconstruction practices
- 10+ years of experience as a designer in a consulting firm environment in the beverage industry
Foth offers a Professional Career Development Program, an attractive compensation/benefits package, and an employment experience shaped by the preferences of our members. If you are committed to making the most of your career with a progressive, values-based firm, apply today!