he Electrical Control & Instrumentation Engineer will responsible for the specification, design, development, installation, testing and administration of control systems to the highest industrial and pharmaceutical standard. The focus of the work will be to ensure that automation systems operate efficiently and safely, and in compliance with cGXP regulation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Apply knowledge of automation systems to manage the specification, design, and implementation of building automation and process control solutions in accordance with GAMP 5 and other recognized industry best practice
- Manage the upgrade/patching/modification of existing systems, providing technical input to the assessment of impact from the proposed change, and initiating and following the relevant change management process
- Commission automation systems, and manage the resolution of deficiencies through to completion
- Liaise with group IS /IT to ensure interfaces between automation systems and IS / IT systems are clearly understood, setup and managed appropriately.
- Provide technical support for new and existing automation systems on site in Souderton, as well as supporting Audubon, Durham and Lansdale sites
- Identify training requirements and provide technical training for operations, engineering and maintenance staff in the use of new and existing automation systems
- Supervise and co-ordinate outside contractors
- Identify new technology that could be used to provide real business benefit to the Almac group
- Assist in the continuous development of Almac Engineering Services automation standards and good engineering practices
- Support automation inquiries during internal and external audits/inspections, and be able to speak knowledgeably about automation, process and cGMP details of the manufacturing operations.
Required Experience / Education:
- BS in Software Engineering or Automation related subject
- 5 years’ experience in delivering automation projects with excellent results in the pharmaceutical industry or other manufacturing environment
- 5 years’ experience providing support maintenance, or system administration for existing automation systems
- 5 years’ experience in the specification, design, installation and commissioning of automation systems (e.g. BMS, PLC, SCADIA, DCS, etc.)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (to include Word and Excel)
- Proficient in the use of risk management techniques in the identification, assessment and control of risk
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work carried out
- Proven ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Certification in an IT/IS related subject
- 5 years’ experience in the specification, design, installation and commissioning of Building Management Systems such as Schneider Continuum, Siemens, Labwatch, or Eurotherm Wonderware
- Knowledge of Security Access Control Systems e.g. Continuum.
- 5 years’ experience in SQL database’s such as MS SQL Server
- 5 years’ experience with Emerson DeltaV- DCS configuration from out of box to modifications on a running plant
- 5 years field instrumentation experience (specifying, configuring, troubleshooting, etc.), and understanding low voltage electrical designs and drawings
- 1 year practical experience of tuning PID control loops
- 5 years’ Experience of industrial communication protocols e.g. Modbus, BACnet
- 5 years’ Experience of maintaining / configuration of electronic chart recorder, e.g. Eurotherm
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Ability to configure new I/O points, modify graphics, add device drivers, or develop sequence controls
- Working knowledge of development and review of hardware and software design documentation including I/O lists, FDS, SDS, test documents, etc.