The Electrical and Controls Engineer designs, develops and supervises the production of equipment, processes, systems and subsystems that rely on electricity to work. This position works with hardware and technology such as circuits, software, wiring and electrical components to meet project specifications and project deadlines.
- Review customer documents and requirements, and translate them into electrical designs
- Build prototypes, test and evaluate subunits, change out components as required
- Analyze design for manufacturability, life cycle of parts, cost / benefit analysis
- Request cost quotations and availability from vendors
- Product testing and release of electrical designs into the engineering system, update design as changes are made and communicate change to customer.
- Write specifications and design criteria based on customer needs
- Constantly review current and new technology to be able to apply the best solutions to customer requirements
- Communicate performance and timing requirements to vendors and enforce standards and delivery requirements
- Utilize technical personnel efficiently in support roles, outline tasks and monitor performance of personnel.
- Manage multiple projects
- Use tracking software to identify and monitor key milestones
- Select and recommend subsystems, components and material. Document selections and reasons behind the selection
- Use computer assisted software to design product and systems
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Five years of electrical engineering experience
- Proficiency using computer based data entry systems such as MS Office, MATLAB, SPICE, C++, AutoCad and NC based languages including robotics control.