As an Electrical and Automation Manager at the largest pizza plant in the world and home to Red Baron and Tony's brad frozen pizzas you will be responsible for the support and execution of facility automation and control projects. You will also have responsibility for multiple complex automation projects spanning the entire implementation process.
Other duties include:
- Lead efforts to improve the facilities operating systems through the review, testing, repair, and maintenance of the Power Distribution System and networks associated with the operating mechanisms and manufacturing processes.
- Manages Electrical Controls plant team.
- Develops the capital plans, budget, and controls for department spending at budgeted levels.
- Develops and implements a project plan and schedule for automation projects or acts as a project team member supporting automation aspects of project execution.
- Designs and scales up manufacturing processes, instruments, and equipment and tests products related to automation in the manufacturing environment.
- Provides engineering technical assistance to product development and manufacturing staff to support control and automation modifications and/or improvements to help reach attainment goals on new or existing production lines.
- Responsible for the documentation, implementation, startup, and technical support of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) programming in an industrial automation environment.
- Documents all work according to established procedures and guidelines and prepare various project reports to project personnel and project leader to ensure complete communication of project status, progress, issues, solutions timeline, and accountability.
- This position will direct the planning and scheduling of work for the controls and electrical team to install, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and tune control devices which automate our industrial manufacturing processes.
- Leads development and training efforts of plant operations and maintenance personnel in the design features process operation and interpretation of system information and application of that information regarding control system functionality.
- Responsible for the effective utilization of employees skills, development, mechanical downtime, equipment effectiveness, housekeeping, safety, policy administration, discipline, employee relations, cost control, and problem solving while ensuring budgeted performance is monitored and compliant.
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering required. Electrical Engineering preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 5-8 years of experience
- Working knowledge and experience with the engineering, programming, and implementation of industrial control systems.
- Possess technical problem-solving skills and proven project experience; Understanding of control systems, components, ladder logic programming, HMI programming, and their applications.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with instrumentation and controls design as well as PLC/HMI required experience (Rockwell Automation Modicon Siemens GE Fanuc).
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and AutoCAD.
- Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of co-workers management and executive staff workers management and executive staff.