Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Sargent & Lundy's Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
- Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
- Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
- Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
- Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
- Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
- This position will offer you the opportunity to expand your career in Electrical Power Systems Analysis
- In providing technical analytical support for project teams, you will be involved in the design of new power plants, modifications to existing power generation facilities, and plant electrical systems betterment
- Your work will have you perform the following types of studies:
- Load flow and short circuit
- Power flow
- System stability
- Transient over-voltage
- System impact
- Your other duties shall include preparing conceptual designs for the following:
- Grounding systems
- Generating station electrical auxiliary power systems
- Protective relaying
- Cable ampacity
- Cathodic and lighting protection
- Provide technical analytical support for project teams and clients through the preparation of conceptual designs for grounding systems, generating station electrical auxiliary power systems, protective relaying, cable ampacity, cathodic and lighting protection
- Additional activities include electricity market studies and generation planning expansion with expected load growth scenarios
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced engineers
- There is the potential for you to travel to client offices to provide on-site consultation
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSEE, MSEE or PhD preferred, from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program with a strong academic background and coursework emphasis in Power Systems Analysis
- PE license required
- 20+ years of experience in the design of electrical engineering systems in a project team environment for non-commercial, heavy industrial plants, with a focus on integrated, detailed system design for new plants, or modifications or replacements for existing plants
- Extensive experience performing transient analysis of power systems using software such as PSS/E, ETAP, EDSA, and ATP
- A professional background focusing on the practical application of electrical engineering and technology including applying systems, principles, techniques, and procedures to a project design
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.