Provides Geographic Information System application, database, and interface support for the implementation of business-related duties for PG&E’s Electric Transmission, Substation, and Distribution system.
This work location is flexible to anywhere within the Service Territory.
- Demonstrate by personal action a 100% commitment to employee and public safety.
- Product owner for the Electric & Landbase editing applications.
- Develop and perform advanced gathering, integration, and quality control procedures for geospatial data with significant impact and risk to LOB or function.
- Develop plans, metrics, and process improvement programs for GIS-related work processes.
- Manage delivery of GIS-related data development projects, gather input and agreement on new requirements, develop contracts with vendors, lead implementation, communication, training, and documentation efforts.
- May manage cross-functional projects with other work groups and vendors, troubleshoot issues, produce technical communication.
- Serve as lead SME for advanced enterprise GIS initiatives, develop and review software functionality requirements.
- Use advanced knowledge and broad expertise to solve complex problems regarding GIS-related software, hardware, work processes, User support and data integration.
- Work independently, with guidance on only the most complex projects.
- Work with Directors and Managers across functions to influence decisions.
- Work with IT DBAs, Migration, and Infrastructure Teams to develop, maintain system architecture and stability and resolve issues affecting business users.
- Work with IT support teams to resolve day-to-day production issues and quickly respond to issues to minimize the business interruptions.
- Coach and mentor to Electric Technical Specialists, may provide direction to less experienced employee
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 7 years
- Experience with GIS-Geographic Information Systems, 5 years
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or job-related discipline
- Experience in professional service contracts
- Experience in project management
- GISP-Geographic Information Systems Professional certification