Electric System Design Engineer
Job Title: Electric System Design Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Mossville, IL / Lafayette, IN
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- This position is for the Electrical Systems & Controls group located in Mossville, Illinois or Lafayette, Indiana with responsibility for the design and project management of tasks related to Large Diesel and Gas Engines.
- Projects are usually initiated as NPI or CPI projects with urgent deadlines. Primary Location? United States-Mossville-Illinois or United States-Indiana-Lafayette (This position can be located in either location).
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creation and support of detailed design, distribution of requirements and deadlines to offsite engineering detailers, collaboration with manufacturing suppliers, procurement of prototype material, verification of functionality with on-engine fitups, support of field validation activities, and resolution of warranty issues.
- Review project results with the management team through stakeholder updates and design reviews.
- Minimal travel (less than 5%) is required to ensure successful validation, debugging, and issue tracking of new designs.
- Engine electrical harnessing, electrical enclosures, brackets, and related system ProE detailed design components are within the scope of responsibilities.
- Bachelor?s degree in an accredited ElectricalEngineering or EngineeringTechnologycurriculum.
- 6+ years of relevant large engine or machine electrical systems design / development, or 4+ years of electronics design or component validation experience.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Master?s degree in an accredited ElectricalEngineeringcurriculum. -4+ years in an engine application system design (Marine, Petroleum, Machine, Electric Power, Gas, or After Treatment).
- Expertise using Teamcenter ProE, Pro-Cable, and CREO (ProE Schematics) software.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, etc).
- Experience with data links (CAN, Ethernet, Modbus, etc).
- Top Candidates Will Also Have: -Familiarity of electrical standards and certifications including SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), ANSI (American National Standards Institute), ISO (International Organization for Standardization), IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission), NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), NEMA (National Electrical Manufacturers Association), UL (Underwriters Laboratories), RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive), and CSA Class 1 Div 2 (Canadian Standards Association) requirements.
- Experience with software and controls development tools (CANape, CANalyzer, debuggers, etc).
- Experience with improving brackets and various structures designs based on results of FEA, vibration analysis, FMEA, field failure, and other findings.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively and lead concept design reviews.
- Excellent written and verbal communication one-on-one and in larger settings.
- Good interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills to develop a cooperative working relationship with others inside and outside of the department.
- Proven ability to perform complex assignments, prioritize workload, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.