PG&E's Power Generation Department manages and operates the largest privately-owned hydroelectric system in the nation. These renewable electric generation resources, located mostly at high elevation in California mountain ranges including the Sierra Nevada and southern Cascade mountains include 66 powerhouses, 184 miles of canals, 41 miles of flumes, 135 miles of tunnels, 19 miles of penstocks, 99 reservoirs, and 142,000 acres of watershed lands all covered by 25 operating licenses issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
As a key member of the Power Generation Portfolio Strategy team, this position provides critical support of Power Generation's strategy to de-risk our generation system and improve affordability. The position will provide program management support of our UOG asset disposition program. This position is critical to managing the complex and varied tasks associated with our portfolio strategy evaluation and execution of transactions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years' total related experience
- Experience managing capital expense budgets
- Strong organizational skills
- Team leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of electric utility processes, regulatory requirements, critical success factors, goals and initiatives
- Knowledge of project management, process improvement best practices, concepts, methods and techniques
- Strong communication, interpersonal, influence skills. Basic negotiation skills
- Analytical problem solving and decision-making ability
- Flexible – ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities/circumstances
- General financial management & budgeting skills and business acumen
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- PMP Certification
General program manager responsibilities include:
- Applies expert knowledge of program management to wide-ranging issues and assignments.
- Works independently with guidance on only the most complex issues.
- Manages all aspects of programs that are cross departmental, complex and have a significant impact on the department.
- Leads development of plans to achieve program goals.
- Provides standardized regular reports, along with custom, ad-hoc reports for special projects.
- Develops and delivers presentation to leaders regarding the program progress toward goals.
- Plans and forecasts work to be completed as part of the program. Monitors and ensures closure/completion of program deliverables.
- Prepares accurate forecasts, monitors spending, and develops and presents variance explanations. Develops business case for budget and/or additional funding during the year.
- Develop and implement improved processes, best practices, controls and procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Represents the program as a subject matter expert and stakeholder on process improvement teams, regulatory filings, and various stakeholder groups.
- Develops tools for tracking and control.
- Develops communication and training plans.
- May lead project teams.
Specific responsibilities for the Portfolio Strategy program manager position include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the project data associated with the assets in the disposition portfolio
- Managing the program schedules associated with the assets in the portfolio
- Managing the executive program reporting
- Developing materials for executive presentations
- Managing records and information process for the Portfolio Strategy team
- Managing the contract and budget associated with our contracts
- Managing actions items for team
- Assisting with financial analysis of transactions and supporting regulatory filings.